Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Are you there, God?

I'm currently reading "God Collar" by Marcus Brigstocke. OK, really I bought it for my wife for Christmas, but she's still reading something else from her book club, so I've nabbed it as I've run out of stuff to read.

It's an honest and endearing read. Given the author, you'd think that this might be an endless attempt to poke humour at all manner of different religions. Yes, there is some of that but in between is some soul searching and intelligent debate. My own opinion on matters such as these appears to be close to Brigstocke's - not convinced that any sort of deity exists but would be greatly relieved and comforted to find that it did. People with faith sometimes show a love of life and enthusiasm for why they are here which I am envious of.

  

I haven't finished reading it yet, but I'm enjoying it greatly.

Oh, and if you're tempted to get a copy for yourself or someone else, I'd be much obliged if you would use the link above.

May your God go with you.

Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment